World Book Student, one of the resources available through World Book Online, is great for ages 10-14. Tailored specifically for students, articles include multimedia and related resources to engage students, biographies, and supplemental tools to support cross-curricular studies.
World Book offers a number of accommodation tools in World Book Student, including
- a built-in Double-click Dictionary for in-article definitions
- Read-aloud with options for faster or slower, as well as a variety of narrators
- a Translation Tool option to translate any article into one of over 100 languages
Go there now: http://ohioweblibrary.org/db/
Tutorials and Presentations
- Recorded training for Ohio libraries (August 8, 2023)
- Presentation slides from training for Ohio libraries (August 8, 2023)
Other Helpful Links
- Recommendations by topic from World Book - a quick guide for which resource to use when
- Online Help. A website from World Book designed to help and train libraries and educators on World Book Student
- Social Media Posts from World Book. Features a variety of timely topics, product specific, and feature specific images for posting.